Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Backup Max INI File

I share another maxscript. It's a macro script that made copy of Max INI file and save it with the same name (3dsmax.ini) into Archives folder in Max 9 and higher, or into Autoback in previous.

I wonder if I should explain why is good (necessary) to do this (frequently). I presume so all we know that when a mess is out, we can delete Max INI to reset it to the default settings. But this way we lose all custom settings as well. However, in Max versions below 9 was easy to find the INI which was stored in the Max root folder. In Max 9 (and above) the INI was moved to deeply nestling user data folder, e.g.:
D:\Documents and Settings\*USER*\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\3dsmax\9 - 64bit\enu\

I tired to search where is my Max INI file every time I wish to backup it, so I wrote this simple macros to save my time. The script you can find here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment