Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Find Identical Geometry


Martin Enthed post a script (Find identical geometry and instance it) that was the reason to post my recent script (Instance Identical Geometry). It is interesting that only compare the number of object faces and the verts is not a sufficient guarantee of identity. So in generaly Martin is right to perform additional checks. However, I noticed a weakness in his code. His face topology test is slow and also he check only first face, that is not very precise. Of course, I'm not sure if I was useful for him, but the 2 test files (identical_test.ms + identical_test_2.ms) that I post may be useful for anyone who search for some method to compare identical meshes. The main idea behind is - local vertex posion check. It return more strictly match result. Just need to take in account that the local vertex position is dependent on object pivot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment